Thursday, August 27, 2009

dream weaver

my dreams are vivid and I rarely know what they mean, but I felt like this particular one deserved some attention.

but I was running into this Spanish church with low ceilings and stucco galore because i was late for Gina's (co-worker from kiddywampus) wedding. as i was entering the church i see our families old pastor, Carlton, who in actuality passed away maybe a year and a half ago from several long and drawn out battles with cancer. but Carlton didn't' look like the 60-something year old that had passed away recently but he looked more like his young adult son who has incredibly blond hair. His hair was long and big like a lion and his beard was just as big..... and he was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. but he invited me to sit down with him and his youngest daughter and try and draw out the difference between pretend and imagination. believe you me, i had some phenomenal explanations at the time, but as dreams often do, such explanations escape me as I am more conscious. all of the sudden i realize how late I am for the wedding and I'm on my way. looping though a couple of corners in the church i ask a man standing outside a door if that was the entrance to the wedding and he pointed me in. I took my seat and the back of the sanctuary and looked up to find that the bride and groom didn't look familiar. I slinked out in a panic in time to go to the next room knowing that it was Gina's wedding. Gina was definitely on the stage, but the whole wedding was like this bizarre cabaret show. and Gina was stage center directing the whole thing with slicked back hair and heavy eye liner (all of this needs to be understood as wildly uncharacteristic of my dear friend, Gina). My thinking was that weddings are taking a turn to be more about entertainment for the guests and that this all was very logical.

Take a stab at that one, Freud.


No comments: